Article Courtesy Scrapjazz.com: by Patter Cross
Product Name: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Reinkers
Price: $3.99 per bottle
Distress Reinkers are sold in individual bottles and come in 36 colors available to match the Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads. They are acid-free, non-toxic, and fade-resistant. These water-based dye inks come in an amber glass bottle with an eye dropper for application. They can be used on papers, canvas, stamps, etc. There are truly many fun uses for reinkers.
You are probably wondering why I am reviewing reinkers. Aren't they just used to reink a stamp pad? They can certainly be used for that but they can also be used to:
- Paint stamped images.
- Create splatters on paper arts.
- Put in a bottle with water and create a spray/misting ink.
- Put a dot on a paint palette and use your finger or small paint brush to add highlights to images.
- And of course, reink Distress Ink stamp pads.
Here you can see how I created a mist using Stormy Sky in a Mini Mister. I used five drops of reinker and put water in the Mini Mister up to the end of the last ‘r' in "Ranger." It truly makes a beautiful and fun spray!
I really do not see any disadvantages to this product. It's truly fun and versatile!
Tips & Techniques:
To see all 36 colors available, visit Ranger's site here. Some of these colors are available in the Scrapbook.com store.
Project Ideas & Examples:
Here is stamped image that has been watercolored completely with Distress Reinkers and a small paint brush.
- papers: Prima Sparkling Spring, Bazzill cardstock, Canson watercolor paper
- Our Daily Bread Designs Stamps: Lord is my Shepherd
- stamp ink: Tim Holtz Distress Reinker Walnut Stain, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Tattered Rose, Old Paper, Antique Linen, Tumbled Glass, Pumice Stone
- embellishments: Prima flower and leaves, Zva Creative pearls, BasicGrey chip alpha, Spellbinders Labels Eleve
I hope this has helped you look at this product in a new way. So grab some reinkers and have fun!
Shop all Tim Holz products here.