Article Courtesy Scrapjazz.com: by Patricia Folchert
Product Names: Jillibean Soup - Apple Cheddar Soup Line
Price: From $.93 for a sheet of patterned paper up to $18.99 for the Large Unity Stamp Set
Items available in collection:
- six - 12" x 12" double-sided papers
- one - 12" x 12" die-cut paper
- one - 12" x 12" Bite Size Bits (card cutouts)
- one - 12" x 12" cardstock alphabet sticker sheet
- one - Cool Beans Orchard Buttons
- one - Soup Labels
- one - 6x6 Paper Pad
- one - Unity Itty Bitty Stamp- To the Core!
- one - Unity Large Stamp Set
The Apple Cheddar Soup collection was a favorite release of mine from summer 2011 CHA. It is a fabulous fall-themed line that features some typical autumn-theme designs like apples and trees, with a fresh twist that includes wood grain and playful gnomes. What fun they are all to work with together, simply delicious!
The color palette of this line is very versatile, perfect for fall but also very usable for other themes. It includes a lovely mix of chocolate brown, spring greens, mid-range oranges, two shades of red, pale yellow, sky blue, cream and an unexpected pop of light turquoise. They also utilize the standard Jillibean red, brown and greens allowing them to effortlessly mix with your existing Jillibean Soup stash. That is one of my favorite features of this brand!
The actual designs are legendary Jillibean Soup, twelve different designs that combine easily to create layouts, cards or altered projects. There are two sheets with apples, a sheet of apple-themed text, gingham, tiny polka dots, stripes, houndstooth, two matching florals, and another tighter floral. Worth special mention, however, is the tree print paper with the hidden gnome (can you find him?) and my personal favorite has to be "Milk" with its distressed wood grain on one side and a charming calico on the other.
Jillibean Soup added three new products to their Summer release lines. One of those is the Bite Size Bits paper, which are 12"x12" sheets with 12 cards that can be cut apart and used in so many different ways, which is perfect for layouts or card making. Even better is that there is a perfectly matched two-toned houndstooth print on the back side; with this line it's in apple shades of red. An example is the saying on the chalkboard below, which was cut from the Bite Size Bit sheet.
Another new product added to this line is the return of Cool Beans buttons. I am a huge button fan and this card of nine handpicked buttons is the perfect addition. The Orchard button pack includes four wood buttons, two with silver metal accents, a red gingham print, a two-toned red and white and a large green one.
The other new product that Jillibean added this release is the Soup Labels. These are small banner-type cardstock labels that coordinate with each new line, making them so easy to use, especially for cards! The best part of these labels is their price; for under $1 they are truly irresistible. There are currently eight styles available, four that match the new lines and four other themes including birthday, journaling, sentiments and days of the week. See the tree card below with a Soup Label on it.
The diecuts are back as well, called Pea Pods in the Jillibean lineup. These are coordinating 12"x12" sheets of diecuts in a variety of shapes and designs. They include journaling pieces, tags, tickets, and layered shapes. These are one of my favorite items because of their low cost of $1.99, and they go a long way on projects, such as the chalkboard project below.
Another great value is the 12"x12" cardstock sticker sheets for $3.99. They boasts two alphabets in two different font styles and colors with several matching image stickers perfect for layering on any project.
The products themselves are of the best quality and great for the environment as well. This brand of papers is actually printed on recycled stock!
I found the cost of the items in this collection to be very competitive in today's market. With three items under $2.00 it fits into any craft budget.
The only disadvantage I found with this line is that it is not offered in a collection pack. However, this does allow you to customize your choices and pick and choose only the items you will use.
Overall this line was so enjoyable to create with., The four examples below are just a sample of how the collection easily transforms into layouts, cards or altered projects.
Tips & Techniques:
This product would be great for numerous subjects; here are just a few suggestions:
- Back to School
- Apple Orchards
- Hay Rides
- Pumpkin Patches
- Teacher Projects
- Raking Leaves
- Use the Bite Size Bits paper to create quick and easy cards. (See Gnome-one card below.)
- Pick one of the patterned papers and run it through your Cuttlebug and emboss it. (See the first card below.)
- Give border layering a try; it adds dimension and texture. (See the layout below.)
- Create your own custom banner by cutting three banner pieces in the same size, pick a focus item and cut the pieces, and then hole punch and add baker's twine, for an instant custom banner! (See the chalkboard below.)
- If you can't find the perfect embellishment, then make some, such as the leaves in the layout below. They were cut and embossed on a Cuttlebug. This creates custom matching pieces with texture.
- Utilize the convenience of die-cuts such as I did in the chalkboard below. They are wonderful for layering.
- Add some vintage items for a shabby chic feel, as I did in the last card below. It features a flower made out of hand-punched vintage patterned pieces with a vintage button in the layered center.
Gnome-one Card -by Patricia Folchert
How cute is this little gnome? I could not resist making him into a card sure to bring a smile to the receiver's face.
Sweet Blessings Layout by Patricia Folchert
Once in a while we capture a moment that we just can't get enough of. This is one of those photos. Our son turned to look at the camera right as I snapped the photo. It was a perfect crisp autumn day of hiking and I needed a layout that did the photo justice. This line did the trick!
Apple Orchard Chalkboard by Patricia Folchert
I designed this chalkboard as a teacher's gift, but any apple lover would appreciate it as well.
So Thankful Card by Patricia Folchert
This card could be either a Thanksgiving card or a thank you card. The flower is made from vintage hand-punched patterned paper with a punched center, layered with a vintage button.
If you whip up some Jillibean Soup creations in your kitchen, don't hesitate to share them by downloading your projects into our gallery here at Scrapjazz.com.
Article Project Supplies:
- Jillibean Soup/Apple Cheddar Soup papers
- Jillibean Soup/Apple Cheddar Bite Size Bits
- Jillibean Soup/Apple Cheddar Pea Pods
- Jillibean Soup/Apple Cheddar 6x6 paper pads
- Jillibean Soup/Orchard Cool Beans Buttons
- Jillibean Soup Labels
- Jillibean Soup Cardstock Stickers
- Jillibean Soup/Brown & White Baker's Twine
- Jillibean Soup Bean Stalks/Dark Brown Baker's Twine
- Unity/Jillibean Soup Itty Bitty Stamp- To the Core
- Unity/Jillibean Soup Large stamp set-Apple Cheddar
- Scrapbook Adhesives Tape Runner
- 3D Foam Squares
- Fiskars Apron Lace border punch
- Fiskars Upper Crest border punch
- Cuttlebug Combo Welcome Baby
- Cuttlebug 3x3 Combo Maple Leaf
- Jillibean Soup/5x7 Chalkboard
- Jillibean Soup handpunched vintage patterned flowers
- Jillibean Soup/Kraft diecut-Sweet Blessings
- red stitched ribbon
- natural jute green ribbon
- Cat's Eye Ink pad/Chestnut