When I start thinking about a scrapbook page, I usually focus on the photos. I plan what colors, papers and embellishments I am going to use by picking up colors from the pictures. Once in a while, I just love a product so much that I have to dig through my boxes of photos just to use the papers or embellishments that excite me. This is how I felt about the new BasicGrey June Bug Collection and the Lemonade Collection of papers and embellishments. Here is a step-by-step look at how I used the products in my "Swing" layout.
- BasicGrey Paper: Picket Fence, Pink Fizz, and 6x6 Sheet of Lime Cooler Paper.
- BasicGrey Take Note Journaling Cards with Transparencies
- American Crafts White Vinyl Thickers
- Martha Stewart Crafts - Craft Punch - Classic Butterfly
- Paper Shaper 1 3/8" Circle Punch
- Doodlebug Design - Paper Frills - Swimming Pool
- Bo Bunny Press - All Stuck Up - Magnetic Storage Container - Brads - Buttercup
- Pink Paislee - Winsome - Fascinating Collection - Spiral Sticker Book
- Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Ink
- Creative Imaginations - Creative Cafe Collection - Self Adhesive Gems - Pink
- Prima Flowers
- Carolee's Tiny Alphabet Stickers
- American Crafts Detail Sticker
- Start by using the Picket Fencepatterned paper from the BasicGrey June Bug Collection as the base of the layout.
- Using the piece of 6" by 6" Lime Cooler paper, punch three circles. Ink the edges with the Vintage Photo Inkand set aside.
- Crop the 12" by 12" piece of Pink Fizz patterned paper from the BasicGrey Lemonade collection into a 5" by 7" piece. Ink the sides with the Vintage Photo Ink. Adhere the three green circles to the bottom right of the paper. Adhere this to the piece of Picket Fence patterned paper, slightly tilting it to the left, with the bottom left corner being 1 ½" from the left side of the paper and 2 ½" from the bottom.
- Adhere the photo as shown.
- Adhere the BasicGrey Transparencyover the photo.
- Adhere the American Crafts sticker so that it overlaps the transparency on the bottom left.
- Adhere title letters to the right of the sticker.
- Cut the scalloped Paper Frillinto a 3" piece. Adhere to the Picket Fence paper ¼" from the top right, so that the right edge matches the edge of the background paper.
- Punch the butterfly, and ink. Adhere so that it slightly overlaps the Paper Frill. Adhere three pink rhinestonesin the middle of the butterfly.
- Adhere date stickers to the right of the butterfly.
- Place brads in the middle of the flowers and adhere to the page.
You are finished! So next time you find a paper or embellishment that inspires you, dig through your photos and use the product right away!