Cool Cat Layouts
Article Courtesy Scrapjazz.com: by Georgina Hefferman
Did you know that cats have been associated with human companionship for well over 9,500 years and are currently the most popular pet in the world?
I myself have owned cats my entire life and currently consider myself very privileged to own four beautiful cats, each with their own unique personalities. It is no surprise, therefore, that many of my scrapbook layouts are all about my feline friends.
It can be difficult when scrapbooking about your cats to fall into a trap of using the same titles, subject matter, storylines and patterned papers. Layouts can start to look very similar and you can get stuck in a rut. Check out these ideas to help inspire your next cat-themed layout or album.
- There are some excellent cat-specific products on the market right now, such as Doodlebugs Kitty collection and Bo Bunny’s Pet Shop collection. These make great background papers for your cat layouts.
- Scrap about who your cat is. What is its name? How did it get that name? Does it suit your cat?
- Does your cat have a funny nickname? Tell the story about how this came about.
- How old is your cat? Do you celebrate its birthday? How?
- What is its personality like? Does it sleep a lot? Is it very active? Scrap about what makes your cat unique.
- Do your cats bring you presents, such as mice, birds or something else? How do you handle this if it happens?
- What is your cat’s favorite food? Does it steal tidbits from your plate when you are not looking?
- Has your cat got any habits, annoying or otherwise? What does it do?
- What do you love most about your cat?
- How did your cat come to live with you? Did you pick it out in a pet shop or was it given to you as a gift? Perhaps it was a stray cat and just wandered into your life!
- Does your cat have a friend, such as that goldfish it likes to sit and watch for hours or a neighbor’s kid who it always make a beeline for?
- Focus a layout on your cat’s paws only. What do they look like?
- Does your cat have unusual fur markings? What makes your cat different?
- Scrapbook about your cat’s grooming procedures. Do you have a great photo of it washing behind its ears?! If you have more than one cat, do they groom each other?
- If you do have more than one cat, how do they get on? What is their relationship like? Maybe you have other pets. Consider how well your cat gets along with them.
- Do your cats have any favorite toys? Who bought it for them?
- Do you bath your cats? Or perhaps brush them? Scrap about this.
- How would you describe your cat in 10 words or less?
- Scrapbook a day in the life of your cat. What does it do? If you have no idea, make it up. What do you think your cat does? Where does it go?
- Don’t just scrapbook layouts about your cat on its own. Make sure you include plenty of photographs of it with your family; after all, it is just another family member.
- What was your cat like as a kitten? Was it cute? Was it nervous of a new home?
- What do you think your cat dreams about?
- What sort of relationship do you have with your cat?
- Has your cat had to go to the vet? Why? How did it cope? Did it like the vet?
- Is your cat there waiting for you at the door to greet you when you get home?
There are so many stories you can tell about your cat; let your imagination run wild.
If you are still stuck for ideas, check out some of these cat-themed titles:
- Pretty Kitty
- You’re So Spoiled
- A Cat’s Tale
- A Tale of Two Kitties
- All Paws Down... I’m the Cutest
- Attack Cat
- Cats Rule, Dogs Drool
- Cat-ching Some ZZZZ’s
- Friends Fur-ever
- Kitten Caboodle
- Love Me, Love My Cat
- Love at Fur-Sight
- Fat Cat
- Paw Prints to My Heart
- Pawgress Report
- Paws for Thought
- Picture Purr-fect
- The Cat’s Meow
- The Pick of the Litter
- Things I’ve Learned from My Cat
- What Part of Meow Don’t You Understand?
How about these poems:
A Cat's Prayer
Now I lay me down to sleep.
I pray this cushy life to keep.
I pray for toys that look like mice.
And sofa cushions, soft and nice.
I pray for gourmet kitty snacks.
And someone nice to scratch my back.
For windowsills all warm and bright.
For shadows to explore at night.
I pray I'll always stay real cool
And keep the secret feline rule--
To NEVER tell a human that
The world is really ruled by Cats!
Top of piano,
In the middle,
On the edge,
Lap will do,
Fitted in a
In the cupboard
With your frocks -
They don't care!