Article Courtesy Scrapjazz.com: by Trish Dykes
While at a birthday party, my daughter and her best friend spent an hour or more “jamming” with some blow-up guitars. Their crazy antics and laughter were pure music to my ears. I was glad that I remembered to bring my camera along so I could capture them having such a good time. I used the Feeling Groovy line by Doodlebug to help express the fun time they had together.
- Bazzill Crystal Blue cardstock
- Doodlebug Colors of Love patterned paper
- Doodlebug Rainbow Sherbet patterned paper
- Doodlebug Jack & Jill alphabet stickers
- Doodlebug Icons cardstock stickers
- Doodlebug Fancy Frills cardstock stickers
- KI Memories Badges metal stickers
- Making Memories brads
- Queen and Company felt flower
- yellow corrugated paper
- Cut a piece of the Colors of Love paper to 3 1/4" x 6 ½" and a strip of the Rainbow Sherbet paper to 1 ½" x 8". Start by adhering the Colors of Love paper ½" in from the bottom and left edges of the cardstock. Trim photo, if necessary, and align with the top edge of the Colors of Love paper. Glue the Rainbow Sherbet strip above the photo. Top it with an 8" length of the Fancy Frill sticker.
- Tear the long edges of a 4" x 2 ½" piece of yellow corrugated paper . Secure a small piece of ribbon to the top edge with a brad. Adhere to the layout; overlapping the bottom left corner of the photo. Add various Icon stickers, the felt flower and the metal badge as desired.
- Create a title with alphabet stickers above the Rainbow Sherbet strip. Add a black brad at the beginning of the title. Use a labelmaker to spell out the names and the date. Peel the backing and stick onto the layout below the photo. Add brads to embellish.