PR: Webster’s Pages Yacht Club Paper Sampler Kit
Article Courtesy Scrapjazz.com: by Patricia Folchert
Product Names: Webster's Pages- Yacht Club Paper Sampler Kit
Each Webster's Pages Sampler Kit contains:
- 12 - 12" x 12" double-sided papers
- One 12" x 12" die-cut paper
- One 12" x 12" designer vellum paper
- One 12" x 12" cardstock alphabet sticker sheet
- One image and phrase cardstock sticker sheet
Webster's Pages is a family-owned business run by a brother-and-sister team. Tim Myers and Brandin O'Neill are passionate about exceptional design and high quality. This is apparent in their products and their latest releases were highly anticipated by their followers. This collection was one of those new releases; Yacht Club was my favorite of the new lines.
The nautical theme of this collection caught my attention first. I don't even live on a coastline but these designs just screamed summer. They even had a touch of a patriotic flair, which I knew could be interpreted in several different ways in use.
The actual designs themselves are typical Webster's Pages, a combination of elegant overlays that give a collage-type look. This type of design allows users to add as little or as much detail as they like. If you love to layer and fussy-cut then you probably would love this collection as much as I did. The possibilities are endless and so many combinations look so good together.
One of my favorite features of Webster's collection packs is the Storytellers alphabet sticker sheets. These sticker sheets come with one large alphabet and three smaller alphabets. With each alphabet set a different color, you get lots of letters to play with.
The products themselves are of very high quality. The papers were wonderful to work with and the stickers were dreamy as well.
I found the cost of this collection to be quite reasonable considering everything that is included. The overall cost is very competitive in today's market.
The only disadvantage I found was that I did wish for a couple darker colors to work with. Some more red and navy would have been helpful, but I love the designs so much that I would not have wanted to trade any of them out. So I used base papers from another line and red cardstock, which worked out agreeably.
Overall this line was so easy to create with, that it transformed into three different card themes and a vacation layout effortlessly.
Tips & Techniques:
This product would be great for several themes; here are just a few suggestions:
- 4th of July
- Mix and match the alphabets to create unique titles (see example in layout below).
- Take advantage of the vellum sheet to add an elegant touch.
- Use the die-cut sheet as a template to create your own die-cut papers.
- Layer the stickers to create your own embellishments.
- Check your ribbon stash for coordinating ribbons to add texture to your projects. (see layout below)
- Bling it up with gemstones or Stickles to add extra sparkle.
- Detail cut pieces from patterned papers to make your own embellishments. Ink the edges to give them a more finished look. (see cards below)
Grad Notes Card -by Patricia Folchert
So this is the time of year that I need all types of cards. How many graduation parties were you invited to? We were invited to seven this year! Here is one of those cards. I paper-pieced a graduation hat and utilized this line's fabulous selection of patterns.
Holland, Michigan Layout by Patricia Folchert
There are those of us that are land-locked and only dream of a beach vacation. Luckily we do have the Great Lakes close by with some fantastic beaches; this layout was created with photos from a weekend getaway with the girls. This collection was a perfect match for these photos from a trip to Holland, Michigan.
Stars of Celebration Card by Patricia Folchert
This is an all-occasion celebration card that works for either gender. I really like the underlying patriotic theme within these patterned papers and really played them up on this kraft card base.
Birthday Fireworks Card by Patricia Folchert
I designed this card for my father's birthday. The fussy-cutting options with this collection are endless and it all goes together so attractively.
Find yourself wanting to see more Webster's Pages projects? Sail on over to their website here or their Inspire Me fully interactive inspiration location here. They have one of the most talented design teams in the business; it is impossible to leave that site uninspired. If that is still not enough then you can get daily doses and updates on their blog here.
If this line is like a fresh breath of saltwater air to you and you decide to give it a try, then you simply must share the results by downloading your projects into our gallery here at Scrapjazz.com.
- Webster's Pages/ Yacht Club Paper Sampler Kit
- Bazzill red cardstock
- Bazzill lt. gray cardstock
- McGill Star Paper Punch
- Fiskars Upper Crest Border Punch
- Fiskars Circle Punch
- Jillibean Soup/ Twine
- Jillibean Soup/ Soup Staples Paper- Navy Sugar
- Jillibean Soup/Kraft Card
- Jillibean Soup/Corrugated Shapes- Stars & Arrows
- Jillibean Soup/ Corrugated Shapes- Butterflies & Banners
- Scrapbook Adhesives Foam Dots
- Scrapbook Adhesives Tape Runner
- Best Occasions clear rhinestones
- Marcella by K Sabrina rhinestones- red
- Bath & Body Works- recycled red-and-white gingham ribbon
- Garden Ridge Holiday Trimmings Silver Star Ribbon
- Best Occasions Metal dots neutral/white & silver
- Cats Eye Ink pad Chestnut