March/April New Cards and Layouts

Please sign in to view the rest of the posts in this topic.
  • Cdjohnson
    Welcome to the New Layouts and Cards for the months of January and February. We would also love to see any other project, photo or imported images you'd like to share with the group.

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. Since there are several people here, try not to flood the post with too many LOs or cards. Maybe 5-7 in any post and no daily limit. Follow SB.com instructions for downloading and linking your projects.
    Come by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!
    While this is a laid-back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.
    This is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. Please volunteer as it is the easiest job you will ever have!

2024 Hostesses -

Jan/Feb--- Anna

Mar/April---Cheryl

May/June---Cathe

July/Aug--- Terry

Sept/Oct---Jane

Nov/Dec

Let's celebrate everyone's special day. If you need added to this list, contact the current hostess and she can add you.

Cheryl - Jan 13

Danielle - Feb 11

Denise - Feb 13

Cathe - Mar 18

Judy - Apr 25

Jane -June 14

Linda - June 18

Terry - August 5

Anna - Dec 24

• Cdjohnson
    Thursday night! I went out to eat with friends. We had Mexican and margaritas were on sale!!

Terry - I currently have about 30 copics. Since I will be selling SU, I gradually build my stash of Stamps and Blends. When I make my videos for SU selling, I have to use their products only is my understanding. I will still be making other cards that use other products.

Jane - Izzy is finally feeling better!

Anna - Yes, I have decided to become a SU Demonstrator signed up under Cathe. Hopefully, I can generate interest to my site by posting on different social media platforms.

Denise - Poor Sadie and her teeth!

Hello to everyone else!
  • Terry0773
    Morning Ladies & welcome to March which here, at least in coming with in 3 days of snow ---or so they say!
    Thank to both Anna & Cheryl for hosting. When you get a sec Cheryl you can add me for the July/August spot.
    Today I see my foot surgeon and learn the results of the CAT scan that was done a month ago. Can't wait for that news. Did some shopping yesterday for some fence decor but only bought 4 metal painted hummingbirds, a yellow resin birdhouse in the shape of a boot, and 4 hummingbirds bird houses. Of course everything has to be waterproof.
    Danny flies out today to spend the weekend in Tucson for Emma's games. I so wanted to go but oh well....

Glad to hear Izzy is feeling better. I can well imagine that SU wants a demonstrator to use only their products---makes sense to me! I checked my Copics app and I have 294 pens out of 358. What bugs me is I cannot find out where the new colors for the last 2 years is. I think you will do great business putting social media in the mix. Good luck & have fun with it.

That's it for now....bbl....
  • OnlyJane
    Good morning, rain now and expected all day and night, getting to be too much, need more sunshine
    Thanks Cheryl for hosting March/April, and Terry thanks for hosting January/February. If no one wants to do November/December I will be glad to do it.
    Cheryl how fun to go out with friends and have a meal. Glad Izzy is feeling better.
    Terry hope you get good news on your foot. Your fence decor sounds pretty. Too bad you could not go to Tucson to see Emma's game. Bob really liked his time in Tucson. He flew into the main airport and stayed pretty close to it. Even back then they had armed guards with guns and dogs patrolling the airport, the border is very close, that was at least 2 years ago, wonder how it is now as they are overwhelmed also with activity. You do have a lot of Copics. Do they ever dry out? I have a few and have had for years and they still seem to work.
    Cathe did you go out with Carole yesterday? Yesterday I got out by myself and went to Hallmark, found a few cute things for Easter, then went to Fresh Market and got some cute candy things for Aria's Easter Basket. At least this time I got a good selection of candy early as Fresh Market tends to sell out early, I was late for Valentine's Day and hardly anything was left.

That is it for now, a big hi to everyone, have a great day!
  • Rockmom
    We had a cold and grey day yesterday compared to what it had been. We should be back to the 80s tomorrow.

Cardiologist took me off the atrovastatin, for the narrowed carotid artery, due to my muscles pains. Now my blood pressure yesterday was back up to the unacceptable zone. 😒 I will give it a few days to settle down before I call the office to see what he wants me to do.

I woke up at 8, my usual time, then just laid there for an hour. My allergies are severe at the moment which makes me cranky. 😠 I was hoping to feel better before facing the world.

I need to go read with Sadie, and help Cooper with his research report outline. In English they are learning to do a research report so I combined it with Texas history. His report will be on Texas. This is the last thing he needs to do in English. He is fighting it tooth and nail. Poor kid. I hated writing in school too. Now I have numerous articles in various magazines and journals. Lol go figure! 😃

My arthritis in my index finger of my right had is flaring up. I'm right handed and use that finger on my phone -actually for many things. Do any of yall have arthritis?

Cheryl, you are doing SU! now? That's cool. I hear they are working with CTMH as they go out of business. I enjoyed watching several CTMH demonstrators on YouTube. I never bought their products but I did like their work.

Terry, what did the Dr say about your foot? Sorry about the snow. ❄️ Hopefully this will be winter's last hurrah!

Sorry to be so whiny today. That's not very cheerful or uplifting.

• Southernlady2
    hello and good morning

well it was rain early this morning. Now it is snowing yuck. i am so ready for the warm weather to get here. well took Bella for her walk this morning. Then went to the grocery store. well i am going to work on some more cards for my mom,

Terry- your foot Dr gives you good news.

Thanks Cheryl for hosting March/April,

hope everyone has a great friday
  • Rockmom
    I want to thank our thread hostess. Yall are the best!

Danielle, ugh sorry you got more snow. Brrr
  • Scrappin 2
    Friday--Gloomy day, but no precipitation and high of 45. Not bad

Thank you Terry for doing the beginning of the year.
    Thanks Cheryl for moving us to March/April. I'm signed up for May/June. Hope I remember.

Danielle- sorry you got any snow. We sure don't want any more snow. Yet I think we could use the moisture.

Denise- those fires in Texas are scary! Guess that area could use some rain.
    Well you're living proof to Cooper that learning to write is important. Congrats on your articles being published.
    I certainly have arthritis.......left thumb acts up. I think it is weird the right thumb doesn't hurt more than the left since I'm right handed.
    I bet anything my neck pain is arthritis. ......and in my knee and foot -not horrible pain and not real frequent.
    Gee I am surprised the doc didn't put you on another Statin. There are so many to try. Don't want you to have a heart attack or stroke!!
    Rovastatin is the one that didn't bother me. Yet I don't have the allergies you have.
    I hope Stampin up gets some of the CTMH papers and such.

Terry- too bad you couldn't have gone to Tuscon.
    Hope you got good news about your foot.
    Did the half-moon shape in you eye go away?
    Your new things sound like fun. Don't buy too many things if you're gonna move!!!
    I think my SIL gets home from Tx tomorrow. I will talk to her about meeting up with you on Sat.

Jane- Hmm we Grams are trying to find another scrap retreat for the fall. I was going to look in Tuscon, but I don't want to get off a plane and see armed guards.
    Yes, Carole and I went out for a little bit yesterday. We had quick in and out errands, mostly mine this time. We ate lunch at the Johnny Pamcake on State Street. The new one in Belvidere isn't open yet. State Street is closer if we are at Target, HL, JA. If we are out by Talbott's, the mall, and Pepper Creek at lunchtime it might be closer to run to Belvidere.
    Heard Macy's is closing under performing stores. I'm so afraid our Macy's will be one that will get closed. It is their own fault they don't sell more. They took away Petites and Larger sizes of clothing. They don't have clothing to entice the teens and young adults.
    We don't have a Fresh Market. When you typed that I thought of the cute commercials for Fresh Pet cat and dog food. I chuckled.

I've yakked enough!

• Cdjohnson
    Kids are here. Long story short is yes, I just became a SU Demonstrator. I am working on setting up a YouTube Channel Stamping With Cheryl. I hope to post videos and such there and links to products and my business website. We will see how it goes. I just put a phone holder that goes around your neck. My daughter says that will be an easy and inexpensive way to start. I am sure she will have to show me how it is done. I may be able to figure it out on my own.
  • Terry0773
    Popping back in before we trek back into Vancouver to pick up supper at Popeye's Chicken. Apparently hubby has a hankering for fried chicken.

I really like my foot surgeon. So the good news is that its fixable---bad news is it requires another surgery----good news is the pain will be gone so I'm doing it. This time its an hour long procedure but I'll only be in the boot for 2 wks. What happened apparently is my PT guy who was trying to help me manipulated my foot and the end result was the screws moved a few mm. However if you think of the first joint from the ankle end of the foot but on top where the metatarsal is the 2 screws moved towards my toe but are now resting in the joint of that first "knuckle". So any movement like walking causes the bones to be moved causes pain. Choice was to leave it all alone and tolerate or remove the 4 screws which I don't need anymore.

Its late so I'll bbl tomorrow....
  • Southernlady2
    hello and good morning

well it is snowing here this morning. yuck. well i took Bella for her walk. nothing much going on here today. i might go in my she shed and work on some more birthday cards for my mom. yesterday i order some stamps that have birthday sayings seen i don't have any and some other stuff like envelopes to put some of my clear stamps in and i bought some stamp pads from catherine Pooler i love her stuff.

hope everyone has a nice saturday
  • Rockmom
    Hello all.

Cheryl, keep us updated on your new YouTube channel.

More snow Danielle? Ugh

Terry, remove those painful screws! Walk without pain.

Hugs to all.

• Terry0773
    Morning--36 deg and snowing like there's no tomorrow. I should vacuum soon as the little pups have shredded about every scrap of paper or toilet paper they could find. Ranger is here and he must think that's his job.
    Steve was pretty sick last night after eating his ice cream. Then he said he shivered all night, couldn't breathe, his heart rate was up at 100, and he felt horrible. I slept thru it all. He's tired this morning but otherwise ok.
    I got my kit from Gina K yesterday and I have 4 or 5 cards I want to make from it. Plus those sweeties sent me a stencil that isn't released yet with a big thank you note attached. I guess being honest now gets you goodies. That's kinda sad in a way. One needs to be honest because its the right thing to do!!

• Anna: how's your dad feeling now? Any plans for the weekend?
    • Cathe: Just let me know what, where, and when. I can't wait to meet up and chat. The eye thing is still there but I'm used to it now so it isn't such a bother. Steve said he had it too. Don't have the wear the plastic patch any more but I still have 3 wks left of eye drops. Wouldn't be bad but I have to wait 5 min between each med drop.
    • Cheryl: what is FB doing that they won't allow your demonstrator page to be up? I sure wouldn't know the first thing about producing a video for FB or YouTube. I've seen some set ups where they have a big circular light and your phone sits in the middle of it. I've watched a couple of videos from JanB in England and she's a SU demonstrator. Hard to understand her accent sometimes but she does some amazing cards with different designs. Have you seen her?
    • Danielle: Catherine Pooler has some cute stuff. I too ordered some sentiment stamps yesterday.
    • Denise: I had your same problems with the statin drugs and cramps. I finally got put on Rosuvastatin which works wonderfully for me. No cramps and it takes care of the other BP problems. Hoping you get to feeling better.
    • Jane: I have had some of my Copics for going on 8 yrs probably. No drying out or wonky colors. I did have a couple of pens leak when I was using them and I found out that they can build up pressure which causes that. The idea to not have it happen is to take off both lids. I've also not run out of ink but I have changed by black pen's nib to a fine point one. I just watch a Kristina Werner video about this Color Companion stuff you can get downloads from. One booklet to the main one is for Copic color matches. Well, you know I just had to have that!!! Yea for going out by yourself. We do need shopping time without hubbys!!!
    • Linda: HI!!! Have you started your painting yet?

Have a wonderful weekend....

• Scrappin 2
    Saturday rather a busy day
    I have my bbq made to take to poker this evening. Gotta be there at 5:30 so I have to watch my time. Need to shower and wash hair, decide what to wear.

Terry- gee so sorry those screws came loose. You should probably tell the PT what happened so he doesn't do that to someone else.
    Ya, Rum had to wait 5 min between those drops too.
    Rum loves Popeye chicken. me: not so much. The first time I had it I thought it was delicious, but second time didn't care for it as much
    I have one Copic that was given to me. LOL I guess I don't color much.
    Nice Gina K made things right.

Cheryl- I'm sure you will figure it out. I wish I was smart enough to set up a You Tube video.

Danielle- sorry you got snow.

Denise- BP any better?
    I'm on the same Stain as Terry.

Hi to all.
  • Cdjohnson
    Terry - Sorry you are going to have to have another surgery but sounds like a good choice given the options. Facebook said I cannot make a business page because post on my page are violating rules. Well, that is the first I know of violating any rules. I mainly post ever day type things and my cards.

Denise - Yes I will keep you all updated. My demonstrator kit is supposed to arrive Tuesday. Once it gets here I can start making things and posting. I will have a YouTube Channel and a Pinterest Page.

Cathe - How did poker night go?
  • Anna C
    May be an image of coffee cup, cinnamon roll and text
    Who doesn't love a hot cinnamon roll with a steaming cup of coffee?
    Geez.....I wish had one right now!

Good morning ladies!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Our weather is so up and down. Yesterday we were in the 60s with lots of sunshine. Supposed to continue in the 60s all week. No big plans for the weekend. Spent the morning with Mom and Dad and my sister yesterday. Dad is doing very well. Goes Monday to have the staples taken out. Mom seems to have recovered too. Thanks for asking and for your support.

Cheryl, enjoy that new auto! Good luck getting all set up for your demo sites. I wouldn't know the first thing to do. Let us know when we can start following you.

Terry, are you still getting snow? When you all go out to eat, can Steve only have a very small portion of something? Hope he is feeling much better by now. And you have to have another surgery? I'm sure it is worth to get those screws out and get rid of the pain.

Denise, Bucky had a terrible time finding the right statin. I'm on pravastatin and so far so good.

Cathe, did you hit it big time in the poker game? I have no clue how to play poker!

Hi Jane, Linda, Danielle, and Judy!

• Southernlady2
    hello and good morning

well it is snow here again yuck. yesterday we got little dusting then the sun came out and melted the snow. no this morning it is snow here. well today nothing much need to get some gas in my car my husband need gas in his turck. we go to smith gas and i get alittle off of your gas. so we usually go toghter that way we can put gas in my car and if he need gas in his turck. I need to call my parents to see how they are doing. i took Bella for her walk this morning.

Terry- so sorry those screws came loose. Sorry you are going to have to have another surgery. hopeful this one make it better for you.

Ann- i love hot cinnamon roll with a steaming cup of coffee or orange juice. that good that your dad is doing well.

hope everyone has a nice sunday
  • Terry0773
    Yep it is snowing again but between the 3 days we don't have any accumulation at all. Its 36 deg tho and cold! Got the vacuuming done so I'm free to play the rest of the day.
    Emma's team lost one and won the 2nd game yesterday. She wasn't having a good day and my guess is that its that monthly thing which always drives her nuts. We'll see how today goes. They all fly back tonight.

• Anna: OMG---cinnamon rolls! One of the best things ever created. I have a phenomenal recipe for them and used to make them every other month but can't have them anymore. BooHoo! Glad your parents are doing well!~ Steve's portion amount is so small it's like I cook for 1 1/2 people. Since Dec 1st to present he's lost 78lbs. What is worrying us both is he continues to lose and we don't know how to stop it. Maybe another 20 lbs but then he'll be in trouble.
    • Cathe: What Poke game do you play? How did you do last night? My dad and his cousins would get together once a year to play for 5 hrs or better after eating a huge polenta meal with all the fixings. I'd sit by Dad and watch and learn but I've never really played. Anyway, hope you had great fun!
    • Cheryl: FB says you've violated their rules????? Usually they put people in FB jail for that (can't post). I'd contact them and ask. Are all the kids with you today?
    • Danielle: I had a moment reading your post this morning. I skipped a word and what I thought I'd read was that my screw came loose ---which it does on occasion! rofl emoji rofl emoji rofl emoji
    • Denise: I've been seeing Instagram videos of this guy called Agate Dad where he shows himself cutting open an agate (with a water saw & diamond blade) and then shows the surprise of what is inside that rock. OMG some of them are gorgeous. I could get into that!!! Have you ever sawed open any of your rocks???
    • Jane: Did you get all the stuff for Aria's Easter basket? One of things I miss about not having a little one around.

Have a great day...
  • OnlyJane
    Good afternoon, Sunday
    Sunshine today, may hit 70
    Nothing much going on, I just seem to be in a slump, hopefully this will stop, I just am not adjusting to the new schedule and being told how to do every single thing day in and day out. He even has moved a bunch of stuff in the refrig and freezer. Sorry to be grumpy.
    Cheryl let us know when you're online with your demo's. Glad Izzy is feeling better.
    Danielle hope your parents are feeling better.
    Anna I love cinnamon rolls especially with coffee. Once in while would get one at the Mall.
    Glad your parents are doing good along with you and Bucky. How is your sister, I remember you saying she had surgery not that long ago.
    Terry sorry about your foot needing some surgery but if this will take the pain away, well worth it. Glad Steve is feeling better, it sounded scary, poor guy.
    Denise hope you're feeling better and your b/p is staying lower.
    Cathe how was your poker games last night?
    Never did learn how to play. Was shown, that is about all. I think we still have some chips somewhere.
    Hi Judy and Linda

• Terry0773
    Jane: I too had to deal with the hubby who can't find something to do. Steve did that re-arranging thing in my pantry. I stood there fuming while he move this and that and made a mess. When he was done and left the room, I went in and put everything back where it was but didn't say anything to him until he opened the door with "what is this?" I angrily told him to keep his paws off my kitchen and if he felt compelled to do something do it in his garage. Once in awhile now he'll hint some message that the pantry or fridge needs cleaned out. BUT he won't touch it anymore! If I were you, I'd go put the stuff back where it was and then tell Bob to mind his own stuff not yours. JMHO....
  • Scrappin 2
    Sunday Where does the day go?
    I made four cards. Turned two into Sympathy cards and two don't have any sentiment on them yet.

Poker- was fun. I'm terrible, but won one hand. I had to ask if I won. Fortunately they put up with me. LOL
    We only put in $7 for the night. I came home with $3.50 At least I didn't loose all my chips.
    I have a new SU customer Penny, from the Poker group. Actually she said she is a Gina K fan, but needs something besides flowers. She has been doing SU stamping much longer than I have. She is willing to choose me as her demonstrator so that is great.

Cheryl- I don't understand FB. Guess you will have to contact them. I admire you for going after the online market.

Jane-You have a right to be grumpy. I like Terry's suggestion about putting back what Bob rearranged. It would make me mad if Rum rearranged my cupboards.

Denise I saw a sign for a mineral show here in town. I thought of you.

Danielle- hope you don't get more snow. Some places got pounded.

Anna- Glad your parents are doing better.

Terry- we play a variety of games. Last night we played the same game three times in a row I liked that. Let's see, we played 5 Card Stud, Criss-cross, (that I didn't like.) One with Spit in the title. (I really liked it). one with 7 cards.

Hi Linda and Judy

• Rockmom
    Jane, I think I would fall over dead if Tim rearranged the fridge or pantry. He does other things that can be irritating though. I know it is a struggle for you both. Tim has a friend he visits with and does some work with. He takes the kids to their activities and runs errands. So grateful I don't have to do those. When he empties the dishwasher, the flatware is never put away like I like it. I overlook it because at least he put it away.

I've gotten a cold or something. Gravelly voice, blowing my nose, ears clogged. Just generally icky. I've set in bed watching movies all day.

BP is not good either. 😐

Cathe, A mineral show! Those are fun.

Terry, Agate Dad is cool. He sometimes gets some very nice agate. I've never cut anything myself but I've had rocks cut for me.

• OnlyJane
    Hi girls,
    Just a quick late check in.
    Thanks and I did put things back in the refrigerator freezer as they always have been. Bob has always been a working person, but when the boys were growing up he spent many hours with them going camping, rock climbing, biking, etc., he had them working on cars, etc. with him. teaching them skills. This went on until they went to collage, and even when our oldest bought his first house they worked together fixing it up. Then he started traveling and did this for years so I did have lots of my own time. He had work friends, scouting friends but as time goes on, friends leave, etc. It will take time to get use to the new routine as this will be it for hopefully many years, but age is creeping up.
    Denise I am sorry you are just not feeling well, please take care of yourself.
    Terry and Cathe I know you both have your schedules with hubby's being home worked out along with Denise so I do appreciate your advice. Thanks
    Have a good evening!
  • Cdjohnson
    Sunday night! I can not get rid of this allergy/sinus junk. It makes me feel run down.

Anna - Homemade cinnamon rolls sound wonderful! I should make some. I haven't done that in a while. Glad your parents seem to be doing good.

Danielle - Yuck on the snow!

Terry - Is there a plan for when Steve reaches his goal of how to keep from continuing to lose weight?

Jane - Ugh on hubby rearranging your refrigerator/freezer! Now that the weather is going to be nicer, will he be doing things outside and not be in your hair? Perhaps it is time he finds a hobby?

Cathe - Your poker night sounds fun. Congrats on getting a new SU customer. My starter kit is arriving Tuesday!!

Denise - Sorry to hear you are not feeling well and blood pressure is not good.
  • Anna C
    May be an image of coffee cup, coffee and text

Good morning!

Very foggy here again this a m. Gonna be a gorgeous day when the fog lifts.

Just a quick check in....got several things to get done around here before work.

Danielle, I saw your snow pics......yuck!!

Hope your coffee keeps you focused and you have a wonderful Monday!

• Southernlady2
    hello and good morning

well it is snow little today. i am not walking Bella this morning becasuse it is ice. well going to the gym today. nothing much going on today.

hope everyone has a nice monday
  • Rockmom
    Morning.

I'm no better. Pollen is covering everything outside. I know that contributed to this sinus junk, whatever it is. We had some rain this morning. I'm sure that knocked some of it down.

Danielle, sorry it is so icy. Be careful.

So many men get lost when they retire. Tim did so he went back to work on the side. He still piddles in it for his friend but never makes anything from it. It's a time killer and mind occupier for him.
  • Terry0773
    Morning! Woke up to an actual dusting of snow which is now gone even tho its still only 38 deg. Supposed to clear out soon but Emma's weekend game will be clear but only a high in the 40s. Brr....

• Anna: It's really funny that I didn't drink coffee until I was in my mid-50s. That's when Starbucks & Dutch Bros and espresso machines became available. We came back from out trip to Italy addicted to expresso and to gelato. Now cannot live without that coffee in the morning!
    • Cathe: I don't know what criss cross poker is but I do know how to play 5 or 7 card stud and 21. BFF Pam has a ton of card games she likes to play but she has to teach me each time we play anything. Glad you had a good time! At the annual poker game at Dad's house the stakes were much higher. Sometimes there were several hundred $$ in chips on the table. Dad also played at the Elks every week once he retired. Doing anything today?
    • Cheryl: I had that sinus junk going on last wk. After several wks of no rain we got that atmospheric river come in with a bang. My only allergy is to mold spores and that much rain so quickly set those things off. I was a mess!~ Good luck with FB too. Did you get a new car?????
    • Danielle: are you getting more snow now?
    • Denise: Was it agates that you had cut? Sorry you aren't feeling well and the pollen is high. I thought when Steve retired he'd want a new pup to train or at least volunteer for something like Habitat for Humanity. Seems his new hobby is shopping!
    • Jane: It is such an adjustment and I know men have a difficult time with retirement. Not only feeling not needed anymore after years of being in the loop but now all this free time with nothing to keep their attention. Steve has a whole garage filled with tools for wood working and he's excellent at that. But it seems all he does now is shop for newer tools that I really wonder will ever get used. I want him to build me a couple of fancier bird houses but even tho he's agreed to it I haven't seen any movement to get it done. Oh well.... Does Bob have any hobbies?
    • Linda: How are you?
  • OnlyJane
    Good afternoon, cloudy, we were to have sunshine but now looking at rain for tomorrow and Wednesday
    Anna like your image. I need that cup of coffee to get going. Hope your week is good along with some nice weather.
    Denise so sorry your still not feeling good, take care of yourself. This last job Bob had was after he retired from his first one, so yes he is lost and can only seem to focus on one thing at a time right now. I need to calm down, be grateful that I still have a hubby, but at the same time don't lose "me" as an individual and continue to do things that I like to do by myself.
    Danielle sorry you got more snow and ice.
    Cheryl sorry your not feeling that great. Yes, Bob needs a hobby for sure. I need to get all my scrappy supplies out and start gluing and putting pages together. No more excuses, have lots of photos to do, so now definitely is the time.
    Cathe are you out and about today? I was thinking about but need to get some other stuff done around the house. Do need to grocery shop again, jeepers the food disappears really fast now with Bob home. I really need to make a list of things Bob can do like paint new shutters, pressure wash the back house bricks near the bottom, wash windows, etc. Maybe having a specific goal will help. We also need to go together and look at refrigerators, rug for downstairs, new mattress, that in itself should take up lots of time with him looking too.
    Terry when do you think your surgery will be on your foot? The medical bills are starting to come in on my first eye and it looks like it will be at least $3K for one. That is interesting that you do drops daily right now and I had to do none, but did have to get some from my eye dr. for the one eye that felt so gritty, who knows.

Guess it is time to start the wash.
    Enjoy your day
  • Southernlady2
    yes we are getting more snow. but right now the sun is out but still windy. it was snow here this morning.
  • Rockmom
    Terry. Yes a couple of thundergg type agates, and some septarian nodules os what I had cut.

Cathe, watch out for that storm happening now!

• Cdjohnson
    Anna - Yes, coffee is the most important drink of the morning!

Denise - Everything is blooming here, and it has been windy so that does not bode well for allergy sufferers.

Terry - Yes, I got a new car Saturday. It is Buick Encore GX. I love it!

Jane - You still need to do things you like by yourself.
  • Southernlady2
    hello and good morning

well it cloudy here and snow again today here. It say on my computer 32 degrees. i just hope this is the last of the snow here and warm weather here soon. well i didn't take Bella for her walk yesterday. i don't think i take her for a walk today seen it looks like still ice and i don't want to fall walking her. so i am going to the gym later on today.

hope everyone has a great tuesday
  • Rockmom
    Good morning everyone.
  • Terry0773
    Morning ladies. Supposedly the day is mostly sunny with no rain until Saturday. Still in the high 40s tho.
    I need to get my sewing machine out and do the altering that needs done. But I also have 3 cards in various stages that need finished and my head is conjuring up more. Oh the decisions! joy emoji

Jane: You really didn't have a month's worth of eye drops to do? I'm amazed!!! And absolutely blown over that it cost you that much! My ins (and Medicare) covered all of it except for $300 per eye. I wouldn't have done it if I had to pay that much $$. I think you've hit upon a good idea by planning "to do" things for Bob. If he's bored and lacks focus that should do the trick. Good luck!
    Cheryl: Enjoy the new car!!! I still really like my Acadia except for the color but I guess I'll have to live with it. Apparently from what I saw last night you have FB all straightened out?
    Denise: I googled the Septarian nodules and most show a yellowish crystalline interior like an egg yolk. Is yours that way? Gorgeous. This photo I found when looking at the thunder egg agate photos. It cracked me up Hope you are feeling better!
    Thunder-egg.jpg

Hi everyone!

• Rockmom
    Terry, yes in the septarian nodules the yellow is composed of calcite, the brown is aragonite, and the grey is mudstone.
  • OnlyJane
    Good Tuesday afternoon
    It is cloudy now, will be raining soon , and all day tomorrow.
    Terry that amount on the first eye is not what I pay. That is what the group submitted. I will only have to pay the yearly deductable that Medicare requires, in our case it is 240.00 this year for each of us. That photo is so funny looking for sure.
    Hi Denise and Danielle
    Hi to every one else
    Enjoy your day!
    Remember to vote if your state has their primary today.
  • Scrappin 2
    Tuesday

Oh I need coffee in the morning!! I probably have told you this, but I didn't start drinking coffee until I started teaching. I would get to school in the winter and I was so cold that I started drinking coffee. It was pretty bad tasting. LOL The cooks made a big pot--one of those silver things that they use for big groups. It never tasted good.

Denise- so sorry you don't feel good. I will have to ask Casey about the kids' allergies.
    How did you get into rocks and minerals? I love how you throw out those names of minerals and I have no idea what they look like.
    We had storms around us, but we didn't get a drop of rain nor a streak of lightening.

Danielle- sorry you have snow. Have you ordered seeds yet?

Terry- that "face" on the agate is hilarious!
    My dad played cards quite often. I don't know how much he put in to play.
    I love it that we only put in $7. each to play. Someone suggested making it $10. That would be fine. I can afford to loose that.
    Hope the weather is good for Emma's game.
    Get your cards done?

Jane- Oh DO start scrapbooking -Do it for Aria. She will love seeing herself on the pages.
    You need a refrigerator??? Good luck. Our refrigerator that is 30 years old fits in the space with room above it. I didn't think we'd have trouble with height, but we do. Dear darling DH has spent hours looking online at refrigerators. Maybe suggest Bob look. It will keep him busy.
    Yes you need your "me" time.
    You are certainly lucky you didn't have to do drops after surgery. I think those of us who had drops are flabbergasted. LOL

I was out for a little bit today. I had an appointment with the nurse practitioner in the heart dept. My cardiologist left awhile back and I haven't seen anyone in the heart dept for a year. Boy I liked her. I am now signed up to see the physician next March. -as long as I don't need anything sooner. We discussed among other things sleep aphnea. She said she would put in a referral for a sleep consult. Central scheduling called this afternoon. The first I could get in was Sept. 26. But I will be coming back for the crop in AZ with Cheryl. (and others) So my appointment is in Oct!!!

Cheryl - sorry you are feeling icky too. Hard to work when you feel lousy.

• Southernlady2
    hello and good morning

well look like we got another dusting of snow last night. well i take Bella for her walk this morning. i think she mad at me seen the last 2 days i didn't take her for her walk. i am going to the gym this morning. right now it is 28 degrees here. looks cloudy here today but no snow and looks like we will be in the 30's. we are getting a dusting of snow fall right now around 2pm. i am so over this i want to see the sun and warm weather here.

Cathe- i have seed that i got for my birthday and i have seed that i have for awhile.

hope everyone has a nice wedensday.
  • Scrappin 2
    Wednesday
    Gee I wrote a lot yesterday!

Danielle- Our dog used to sulk around if we didn't take her for a walk. Or she'd stand in front of my husband and just stare at him.

Today I did two loads of wash. I washed about 5 pair of my black or dark navy blue pants. They are hanging to dry. I will have to iron them. UGH. I don't want them to shrink at all so I hang dry.

I'm leaving in about 30 minutes. Tonight is Van's band concert. Doug is having dinner at 5:30 for Rose (Rum's sister) and me. I don't know what Rum is going to eat, but he didn't want to go out to Doug's or the concert.

Terry- I talked to my SIL Andie, she said sure we can meet up on Saturday for lunch. Do you know of a place? Maybe on the Colombia River? (Andie suggested that, she said that would be closer for you than coming to Tualatine)
  • Rockmom
    It's sunny and 82 today.

Vacuumed the play room today. Started Cooper's math. He has got to memorize those pesky multiplication tables! Sadie read two books to me. She needs to become a bit more fluent. It's coming just needs some more practice.

We have plants that need to be planted. I just don't think it's a good idea to be outside for me right now. 😕 Katie is going to have to do it.

Cathe and Terry. What fun to meet in person!

Sorry about the cold Danielle.

• Terry0773
    Hi! This morning I stenciled a stamp of Cosmos and took Cricket to the groomer. She's not a moffet anymore.
    BFF called too and she's got us tickets to go see My Fair Lady in Eugene in April. Just a girls weekend out---YEA!!!

Cathe: If you want to eat on or near the Columbia River, then about the only choices are Jantzen Beach Bar and Grill or Who Song & Larry's on the Vanc side. That's a Mexican restaurant about 1/4 E of I-5 just across the bridge. Otherwise there are several such as Panera at Jantzen Beach etc. Really not a lot in that river side area except fast food places at the mall. I honestly do not mind driving either. There's several places near Bridgeport Village such as Claim Jumper and McCormick and Schmidt. That area is easy to jump on or off I-5. Clackamas Shopping over on I205 has a bunch inc Olive Garden, Claim Jumper, Osewgo Grill, & Stanford's. Like I said it isn't a biggie for me to drive into Portland or south down by Tualatin etc.

I'll bb tomorrow to chat.
  • Cdjohnson
    Good evening! I am going to church tonight so wanted to pop in.

Terry - Yes, I don't know why the first time it said I couldn't make a new page. I am glad. My new supplies are here but, of course, life is getting in the way of getting to play. I have church tonight, tomorrow night Zeke has a school play, Friday and Saturday night the kids will be here. ugh!!! I have had quite a bit of traffic to my Stampin' Up page. Hopefully, once I post some videos of what can be made with the products I purchased, it will help with sales. When are you and Cathe meeting up?

Denise - Yes, maybe someone else should do the outside stuff for now.

Cathe - Enjoy the concert!
  • OnlyJane
    Good evening, Wednesday, Rained off and on all day. No rain expected for tomorrow, but rain again Friday and Saturday
    Today, was well, today. Just could not get focused on much for whatever reason, hopefully tomorrow will be better. Hope to get to Hobby Lobby, Kirkland's and Target and find some Easter goodies.
    Cheryl the rest of your week sounds very busy. No doubt when the kids are all together it becomes very noisy, do they still like the headphones?
    Denise I also think you need to stay inside for now since your allergies are acting up.
    Cathe enjoy Van's concert. Too bad he won't go also, did he go to the events that your kids had when they were growing up? You mentioned you started drinking coffee when you started teaching. I started drinking coffee at work too, but that was because I always had the job of making it for everyone in the office. That is neat that you will be able to meet up with Terry.
    Terry do you like how your groomer did Cricket? Baxter is getting ready to be groomed again, she has always done a nice job. How nice to have a girl's time and go to a play. How I wish we had a community playhouse. We had one years ago and they did such a good job. It was a combo of having dinner and then watching the play.
    Danielle glad you can walk Bella today, bet she missed not walking for the two days. Baxter likes to go on walks but he is so embarrassing as he barks at everyone.
    Anna hope your still enjoying some nice weather.
    Linda how is your painting going?
    Judy thinking of you.

Have a good evening night_with_stars emoji
  • Southernlady2
    hello and good morning

Cathe and Terry. What fun to meet in person!

Cheryl the rest of your week sounds very busy.

Jane- i know talking about your dog braks at everything. Bella dose that sometimes she see the birds on the tree and the fly she barks at them alot or if she see a cat and start barking at it. i have a hard time walking in this weather where it is snow.

well yesterday my mom call me back finally. they had to buy a new tv for there bedroom. Monday they went to my grandma to take her to her tax person. last Sunday they were babysitting my Neice a nephew . when i call my mom they just got back from Walmart and she was try to make lunch for my nephew and dad seen my nephew didn't want to go to inn- out for lunch. well i tell my mom i am so over this snow it will do a dusting of snow then it will melt. It would do this alot and i am so over this and want to warm up. well today going to the gym and work out and walk Bella little bit later today well i think Saturday we are going to town and go to Costco and then we have to go to the bank to order some more checks.

hope everyone have a great thursday

• Rockmom
    Hello to all.
  • Terry0773
    Checking in late today. I start sewing this morning and knew if I paused I wouldn't get back to it. I made 6 dish clothes out of big towels. Steve bought this pkg at Costco and they were supposed to be dish clothes. More like tee towels only bigger. I cut them, doubled the fabric and sewed. Also altered 3 shirts for Steve. Tomorrow I'm going to try and make that 2 inch quilted Mariner's Star for my sister. I'm dreading that!

Cathe: How was Van's concert?
    Cheryl: I sure know that feeling and desire to craft with scrapping or cards and have too many other things to do first. I'm excited to see your first video etc.
    Danielle: Sounds like your parents had a busy week. We finally got a beautiful day but it still was very cold. No rain tho....
    Denise: Hello to you too! Cathe & I and our respective hubbies met up about 2 yrs ago when they were traveling thru here on the way to Seattle. It will be great to see each other again. I wish this whole group of friends could do that!
    Jane: Cricket looks great and I cannot say a word about her grooming or work ethic. She's great. Her biggest downfall is how she schedules apts which to me seems like it mass pandemonium. After 2 wks when I first texted her, I send another one saying if she can't get the dog in within the next week I'll go somewhere else as Cricket was getting to be a mess. Her next text is apologetic saying Wed or Fri and she'll let me know. Next text is how about Monday. I approved Monday but the next morning its going back to Wed again. I swear I want to beat my head against the wall. If she weren't so good and so sweet I'd drop her and so would a lot of customers. Over the last 7 years Pam & I have seen the Lion King, Shen Yun dancers, and now My Fair Lady at the same theater. Her hubby will be gone for the weekend and Steve will be home so it most definitely is girl time!!!

About time to supper to be fixed.
  • OnlyJane
    Good morning, Friday
    Cloudy start
    Wow not much posting yesterday including me. Actually nothing really going on. Did manage to go to the post office, Dollar tree, Hobby lobby and Kroger's.
    Hobby Lobby was a big disappointment, they moved everything around in our store (had not been there since Christmas) and the scrapbooking section was small with hardly anything new. They did have plenty of Cricket items though, I don't know, guess if you really want something new you have to order. The other items in HL seemed scattered here and there. Weather wise more rain expected, we sure need some more sunshine.

Anyway, hello to everyone, hope your day goes well. Will try to check back before the end of the day
  • Rockmom
    Hello.

Terry, you got a lot done with your sewing machine. It feels goid to complete projects.

Just finished lunch. The kids and I did school and a bit of house cleaning. Now on to finish more of that. I have a list a mile long I want to complete. Hope my energy will let me get through some of it.
  • Scrappin 2
    Friday- I didn't get in here yesterday? weird. I did have a pedicure at 1:00. I got in a few errands before hand. You know how hard that is to schedule. I ran off copies of some 8x8 heritage pages I have produced in the past. I went to Office Max for that. I sort of want a suitcase for the trip. I have either too large or too small it seems. I looked at Marshall's. Then ate a sandwich at Beef and Roo. Then had the pedi. After that I was a good girl and got gas in the car. I usually let Rum do that. I went to the library and home.

Denise- Hope you found some energy to get everything accomplished. Yes, let others take care of the outside.

Jane- I haven't been in HL for over a week. Carole and I will probably hit it tomorrow. Rum went to Doug and Casey's sporting events. They weren't in band so we didn't have that to attend.

Danielle- dogs just like to bark. LOL

Terry- I sent your lunch suggestions to Andie. Thanks. I'm sure we will come up with someplace. I hope the PNW has unexpected high temps and no rain.
    That groomer would drive me nuts changing the appointment. I have found dog groomers to be a little .............different .
    You sure did a lot of sewing!

Cheryl- hope you get a lot of followers.

I had another night of being up all night. I think I fell asleep around 5:30 am. Then had to get up for a blood draw. Rum had to get one too so we went together and then went to breakfast. It was a rainy day , high of 42 but seemed colder.

Have a nice evening.
Please sign in to view the rest of the posts in this topic.