Handmade cards can lift the human heart and spread happiness. We've launched a global initiative to get handmade cards to people who are in need of an emotional boost, a smile, or a helping hand.
Hear what some of your favorite brands and designers have to say about this initiative and keep reading below to learn more.
Here's How it Works
- You send your handmade cards in our needed-themes (blank inside - with no personal message) to Scrapbook.com.
- We organize and distribute the cards to cancer foundations, hospitals, shelters, retirement homes, children's homes and other organizations in need. (See our partner organizations here.)
- The cards are used by nurses, doctors, staff members, counselors, parents and volunteers who add handwritten messages of encouragement and love before giving them to patients, children and other people in need.
Many of these cards will become very special mementos that will be kept and cherished for years or even decades to come.
Together we can lift hearts around the world with handmade creativity and kindness and make a difference in so many lives. We have already received and delivered thousands of cards and we're just getting started. We cannot do it alone.
To print out all the Cards for Kindness information you need, see here!
Are you interested in making and sending cards for the Cards for Kindness™ initiative?
We require a minimum of 10 cards per submission in order to streamline the processing and distribution - but you can include cards from any of the approved themes listed below. Each card must be handmade/homemade.
If you are unable to send 10 cards, please try to coordinate with friends or family or other crafters in your area and have them help so you can pool your efforts.
Card donations also need to be accompanied by a submission form.
Card Themes We Currently Are In Need Of:
- Summer and fall themes
- Happy Hello
- Veteran appreciation
The following cards are less-needed. Please consider sending us card themes we are currently in need of.
- Thank You
Recommended Card Size:
- A2 cards with envelopes (4 1/4" x 5 1/2"). Please send cards with coordinating envelopes
- Though our recommended size is A2, we are accepting any card size as long as it has a coordinating envelope included with it
Minimum Number of Cards:
- 10 cards per package shipped to Scrapbook.comPlease Note:- Please donate cards in the needed-themes. These are themes our partnering organizations request and are in the most need of.
- Cards may have stamped sentiments inside but we respectfully request no handwritten messages inside the cards so that they may be filled out by our partner organizations.- Please do not send store bought, commercially produced, or recycled/previously used cards.
How to Send Your Cards
Whether you've created 10 cards or 100 cards, now it's time to ship them to us to be distributed to those in need.
1. Print out and fill out our required submission form
2. Put the cards with their coordinating envelopes (they do not need to be inside of their envelopes)
3. There is no need to pre-package your cards in plastic or tie them together with ribbons. Simply place them in a box with some peanuts, tissue paper, or other protective material, place your submission form on top, and send them our way! Our mailing address can be found on the submission form.
4. We will send you an email when we have processed your cards. Keep in mind that due to the amount of cards we receive, it may be a little while before we get to your batch. We appreciate your patience (and generosity!).
Are you an organization that would benefit from receiving handmade cards?
Let us know by getting in touch here.
Before you send your cards to us, remember to take a photo and share your cards on social media using the hashtags #CardsForKindness #CreativeKindness and #scrapbookcom to spread the word! You can also tag and follow cardsforkindness_official on Instagram!
Thank you so much for your creativity, kindness, and generosity.