Article Courtesy Scrapjazz.com: by Julia Sandvoss
Use your scrap stash and some simple craft supplies to create this adorable winter decoration for your home:
- aluminum bucket (found at your hardware store)
- various sizes of Styrofoam balls (available at your local craft stores)
- Bo Bunny Winter Whisper Scrapbook Papers
- Bo Bunny Double Dot Ribbons
- Doodlebug Sugar Coated Chipboard Alphabet
- Doodlebug Loopy Lou Alphabet Stickers
- Paper Salon Chipboard Tag & Alphabet
- white and aqua glitter
- glue stick or paper adhesive
- Plaid Mod Podge
- foam brush
- long pearl head and regular pins
- silver sequins (available at your local craft stores)
- wood dowel
- various sizes of circle punches
- ColorBox Chalk Inks
- To create the snowballs, punch 20 to 30 circles in various sizes from the patterned papers. Pin the papers onto the ball creating a circle around the center. You can add a sequin or a smaller circle or just pin them on as they are. Work your way around the ball and then start filling in until complete. An added option is to ink the edges of the circles with the ColorBox Chalk Inks for a soft edge.
- To create the glitter snowballs, use a foam brush and cover the Styrofoam ball with Mod Podge. Sprinkle glitter heavily over the snowball until coated. Shake off the excess. Pour the excess back into the glitter jar and repeat on the next ball.
- To make the sequin snowballs, use straight short pins and sequins. Pin sequins on in the same pattern as the paper circles. Work around the middle and then fill in until complete.
- To make the sign, tear a piece of cardboard to about 11" x 6". Ink the edges with ColorBox Creamy Brown ink. Add the Bo Bunny Winter Whisper paper. Next, add sequins to the snowflake centers on the paper. Ink the edges of the letters for "all" and adhere them to the sign. Edge the white chipboard tag with ColorBox Robin's Egg. Add letter stickers to spell "day". Tie a ribbon to the tag. Adhere the tag to the sign. Add Doodlebug letters to spell out "snowballs." Finally, adhere the completed sign to a wood dowel.
- Fill the bucket with Styrofoam or papers close to the top. Then add a layer of white tissue paper. Add the snowballs and stick the sign in!
- Decorate the bucket as you desire. You can add some paper, ribbons and snowflake to finish it off!
What a great decoration for this time of the year and even better, it doesn't melt!