Happy National Scrapbook Day! <br>
Extra 10% OFF 15 Scrapbooking Brands with Code:
Happy National Scrapbook Day!
Extra 10% OFF 15 Scrapbooking Brands with Code: NSD24

April Mixed Media Challenge

Please sign in to view the rest of the posts in this topic.
  • Dawna.s Place
    Intro:
    If you love working with mixed media, you're in the right place! Not sure what mixed media is? Well for the purpose of this challenge, its the use of wet art mediums to add texture, dimension and interest to your projects. It's one of those no rules categories so you can have lots of fun making a beautiful mess or create your finest masterpiece! So, grab your favorite mediums and lets have some fun! ~ Dawna

Sample:
    Here's a sample of a layout that I created using texture paste, spray bloom ink, matte gel and gold wax.

Guidelines:
    1 This challenge is open for postings all month long for all skill levels from novice to advanced.
    2. Spread the love by leaving comments in other participants galleries.
    3. Feel free to hang around and join in the chat! We like getting to know you!

How to Post a Picture:
    1. From your gallery, click on the photo you want to move.
    2. On the right side of your screen you will see a "share" button, click that.
    3. Then click on "link" and a pop up box will appear.
    4. Copy the link in the pop up box and go to the thread you wish to post your photo on.
    5. Once there, click on a new comment box and put your curser where you want your photo to go.
    6. "Add Gallery Image" is the first button above your comment box, click that and paste your link into it.
    7. "Submit" your post and voila! You've posted a picture!

Above all else, have fun making a beautiful mess!
  • Kimberly Scraps
    Just some background MM using 6-7 different oxides...
  • Lisn2cats
    Stamping, splattering, Nuvo Drops, and watercolors
  • Dawna.s Place
    Hum...looks like we can no longer select an individual post to comment on. That's a bummer.

Kimberly OMW I LOVE your film strip photos! Fabulous MM work too! You know how much I love them splatters!

Lis Lovely indeed! Are these cherry blossom trees, they are so gorgeous! Love your BG work and your flowers came out fabulous too!
  • Vivian Lake
    Present and counting
  • Lisn2cats
    Watercolor paint, white gel pen, and color pencils
  • Eapipkin
    Awesome work, gals!!
  • Dawna.s Place
    Hi Vivian, nice to see you drop by! What are you working on this week?

Lis I love the watercolor background that you created on your card! It's so unique with the white highlights! Love it!
  • Kimberly Scraps
    Thanks Dawna! I was not a fan of the MM background but I don't hate it...just didn't turn out exactly how I envisioned it but they rarely do joy emoji That's ok bc some times they turn out even better so I will take it!
  • PJD (Petra)

Created the background from "scratch", a bit of subtle stamping, coloured the chipboard, drew the notes on the letters and covered them in glossy accents.
    This is definitely my last LO before I'm off to Germany. Haven't even started to pack yet scream emoji. See you all again soon hug emoji wave emoji
  • Kimberly Scraps
    Wowsa Petra, great background!!
  • Vivian Lake

One of my "junk" journals. More like a themed journal using kits and lots of printer ink.
  • Kimberly Scraps
    WOWSA! @Vivian Lake I LOVE that!
  • Vivian Lake
    Thank you Kimberly!
  • ArtsyLC
    Used archival ink and distress oxide to brush, stencil and stamp on my layout

• Dawna.s Place
    @Vivian Lake Fabulous journal Vivian! I love that it's a themed journal all about your love of crafting! Left you some gallery sugar. TFS!

@ArtsyLCÂ Lisa I really love the soft color hues on this lo along with your distressed inky edges! Also, left you some gallery luvs! TFS!

@Tena E. What are you working on this weekend?

@lisn2cats Are you crafting this weekend as well?

@erin perry I know your busy making treasures this week. Any MM projects to share?

@Kimberly Scraps I hope you are doing well today. What's on your crafting table this weekend?

Today we start my craftroom closet renovation. DH is going to build out the balance of my closet with more shelving for better storage in there. I need to spend the morning packing up it's contents so he can work in there. I don't look forward to the mess this is going to make in my craftroom though! LOL Enjoy the day everyone!
  • Lisn2cats
    A bit of watercolor (on the rice paper), color pencils, glitter gel pen, white gel pen, and Wink of Stella
  • Eapipkin

Stenciling with homemade texture paste, lunar paste, metallique wax, inking, and lots of stamping.
  • Tena E.
    Hi Dawna, very sad to say that I won't be working on anything for quite sometime. As you know the situation with the water damage to my scrap room and master bathroom. My house is a mess right now so it's going to be awhile before my room is back up and ready for crafting ☹️😢
  • Eapipkin
    That's awful, Tena! I'm so sorry.
  • Kimberly Scraps
    some stamping, distressed oxides and stenciling work.

@Dawna.s Place I have been down for the count these last few days, but still trying to get into my scrap room. I just keep plugging along as my dad would say. Thanks for asking!
  • Vivian Lake
    How dreadful Tena ( emoji
  • Dawna.s Place
    Beautiful projects Lis, Elizabeth and Kimberly! Left you all some gallery loves.

Kimberly so sorry to hear that you've been under the weather here of late. I do hope you're feeling better today.

Tena, oh geez, I'm so sorry, I completely forgot about your flood. How long is it going to take the restoration company to get everything back in order for you? I think I remember you saying that you were shopping for new carpet. Did you find something you liked? I'm afraid I'm out of commission for a while myself. I started purging my craftroom closet yesterday, so my DH can install 4 new long shelves in there. I'm only half empty and my room is in shambles. I can hardly believe how much stuff was squirrelled away in there. Getting it all purged, sorted through and put together again is going to be the hard part. I found lots of stuff I forgot I even had and some things that I don't think I'm really going to use any more. Which means, I've actually got to touch everything again and decide if it's a keeper, trash or donation, then find a home for it in the remodeled closet. I think I'm going to need a few more organizing containers too, but I'll wait on those, until I have a better idea of what I really need.

I'm off to get things done. Enjoy the day everyone!
  • Kimberly Scraps
    Thanks Dawna! Unfortunately a 3 PLUS hour wait at the pain management doc has put me in just that much more pain confounded emoji but what do you do, you throw lemons at it and make a margarita joy emoji
  • ArtsyLC
    I used mod podge as a resist to the mixed media which were distress crayons- I blended the crayons with a baby wipe. I also added ink. Finally, I used a gold glitter sparkle pen.

• Eapipkin
    That is a sweet layout, Lisa! That's interesting what you did putting Mod Podge down first.
  • Eapipkin

I used embossing glaze on the chippie hexagons, inking around the edges of the old paper, around the outer framing of the picture, wings and butterflies, and I used Stickles on various things. Also did some inking in the stencil. Stamping also.
  • Dawna.s Place
    Kimberly, I love your attitude! I do hope your pain is manageable for you today though.

Lisa what a lovely LO! I love that you used Mod-Podge as a resist, it came out great! Are the circles the resist elements? Very creative! I absolutely love my glitter pens, they add so much sparkle to anything!

Elizabeth beautiful LO! I still have so much of that Prima paper collection, I think I bought 3 pads of it! LOL I can't even imagine using it all, but I still love it, so I'm hanging on to it.

BTW, I did call SB and spoke with a guy about why they eliminated the "reply" feature for individual posts. He was unaware of the change and wanted to follow up with the tech team to see if they have plans to restore it. Gosh, I sure hope so, I'm going bonkers without it. I hope to hear back from him soon. I'll keep you all posted on what he says. Enjoy the day everyone!
  • Eapipkin
    Thanks, Dawna!
  • ArtsyLC
    The circles are the resist, when you blend the distress crayons with a baby wipe, the baby wipe removes the crayon from the mod podge. Mod podge works pretty well on stamps, but you have to clean it off right away.
  • Lisn2cats
    Lots of oxide and distress inks, Nuvo drops and rub-ons
  • Eapipkin
    That's lovely, Lis.
  • Dawna.s Place
    @ArtsyLCÂ Lisa thanks for the tips! It looks like you were able to "reply" to my post. Is that feature still active for you? It's not for me and I had to call SB about it this week. From what Gabe told me, nope they aren't going to restore the feature, so maybe they are still in the process of removing that feature in the forums. I have no idea why they have taken away such a valuable communication tool. It makes no sense to me.

@lisn2cats Fun LO Lis! I love all your DO inky bg work and your birdy stamps are so pretty!
  • ArtsyLC
    I no longer have the reply feature available.....
  • Eapipkin
    It's a real bummer! Just another thing sb.com goofed up.
  • Lisn2cats
    Watercolor paint, color pencils, spray, stamping ink and rub-ons
  • Trek
    My LO, inks
  • Nvmagpie
    I used some CP inks on the background and then spritzed with water. After that dried I stamped the bbackground stamp with TH ink
  • Kimberly Scraps
    I did the background using a woodblock hatch stamp using 3 different oxides.
  • Tena E.
    Hello everyone,
    Not having my PC up and running is the pits, I'm working with my iPad. My house is still in shambles from a water leak in our master bathroom from our hot water line that spilled over into my craft room and laundry room. The leak has been repaired but my craft room and other parts of the house is still a mess.

I did manage to carve out a small space to craft because I have gifts to get done for my niece's new baby coming soon and I'm hoping to have them done by her baby shower date in May. So now that I have a small crafting space, for a while at least until the contractors get started I may have something to share as soon as I figure out how to post with my iPad 😁

• Eapipkin

I used metallique wax on the key and lock, stamping and inking.
  • Dawna.s Place
    Hi Ladies, so many lovely shares! Left you all some gallery loves.

My craftroom closet is in the midst of a remodel, so my space is a hot mess right now. I did dig out some inks so I could work on my current canvas. She's coming along nicely.

Tena so glad to hear that you cleared a spot to craft in. I'm sure getting things put back together is going to take a while before your space is functional again. What baby shower gifts are you working on?

Lisa sorry about that, I probably jinx you! I am so unhappy that they deleted this feature. Go figure...

Lis love your pretty scrappy card! BTW, how are squeakers and SamSam? Sparky's enjoying a afternoon time out! The little rascal! lol

Katerina great stamping on your lo!

Susan wow your Ireland lo came out fantastic! That background stamp is amazing!

Elizabeth perfect masculine card!

Keep em' coming ladies!
  • Lisn2cats
    Squeakers prefers to hang in the upstairs window
    fbg2.jpg

And SamSam loves his outdoors playpen
    k3bt.jpg
  • Kimberly Scraps
    I used a stencil and lots of rub-ons (not sure that counts lol
  • Dawna.s Place
    Oh my Lis, Sparky would LOVE an outdoor play pen like that! I didn't even realize that made such a thing! I'm going to have to get him one for lounging around in the sun near our back patio. He'd be in heaven, especially since he usually gets visits from some of the neighborhood strays in the morning hours. TFS!

Kimberly fabulous LO! I absolutely love that sun burst stencil! All you ink work counts! I really love that pop of hot pink, it's so pretty!
  • Eapipkin
    That IS neat, isn't it Dawna?! It's so pretty, Kimberly!
  • Kimberly Scraps
    Thanks ladies blush emoji It was a fun one to do!
  • Nvmagpie
    I will probably use that stamp several times for DS's Ireland album(s).

Tena, so sorry to hear about your water leak. Glad you have found a place that you can use to scrap!

Lis, SamSam looks like he enjoys his playpen. I would like to get at least one of the cats we have interested in outdoors. I miss my Cisco who walked on a leash.
  • Tena E.
    Thanks Dawna & Susan, I hooked my PC and one of my printers back up last night, just couldn't take using the iPad any longer. Now I'll be able to post the usual way ...but first I have to scrap something grin emoji
  • Kathylovestoscrap
    Created this one for the Gallery Inspiration challenge. Thanks for looking.
Please sign in to view the rest of the posts in this topic.