Article courtesy of Scrapjazz.com: by Ramona Greenspan
I love vacations, exploring new places, and seeing new sights. But when I get back I have tons of photos and no motivation. I am usually zapped out of all my creative energy when I get back but I have a ton of photos that I am excited to scrapbook. This year's vacation to Walt Disney World was no different. When this happens, I turn to sketches. That way I've got the basic format for my layout and all I have to do is pick my papers and embellishments and do a little tweaking here and there. For my "Wicked" layout I used a BasicGrey sketch by Amy Howe.
- Doodlebug Spring Kit
- Heidi Swapp Small Yellow Florals
- Heidi Swapp Small White Florals
- Heidi Swapp Center of Attention Chipboard Alphabet
- Making Memories Medium Sherbet Circle Brads
- assorted Doodlebug Buttons
- Creative Memories Cutting System and Corner Rounder
- American Crafts Marker
- Fiskars 1/16" Hand Punch
- Trim paper as follows:
- Lemon Lime cardstock to 8 ½" x 11"
- Patch of Posies accent paper to 6 ¾" x 11"
- Princess cardstock to 7 ½" x 6 ¼"
- Additionally, using the Creative Memories Cutting System, I cut an oval journaling block out of the Pistachio cardstock and cut a wavy line in the top portion of the Princess cardstock.
- Then I rounded the bottom corners of the Princess cardstock.
- Adhere the Patch of Posies accent paper to the center of the Lemon Lime cardstock.
- Adhere the Princess cardstock 1 ½" inches from the bottom and centered.
- Adhere the photo to the Princess cardstock ½" from the bottom and centered.
- Place the title directly above the photo.
- Punch holes in the corners of the journaling oval tag, insert brads and handwrite your journaling.
- Embellish with layered florals and buttons.